What's It All About

There will be no posting of profit and loss screen shots on this blog, just general day to day truths about my punting life and how good or bad I am (mostly bad)

Thursday 22 July 2010

Focus

This is what I have now decided to do and not before time.
I have been all over the place in the last few weeks with no real focus on what I should and should not be betting on, well this has now stopped.
With the new domestic football season approaching I will be concentrating my efforts on football and when the winter horse racing starts I will be getting my Back To Lay bets going again on the All Weather (more of this nearer the time but it was very successful last winter).

My football betting tanks are now in place and raring to go.

My journey into the world of financial spread betting was short lived, I have pulled the pin as I was finding it very hard to focus and believe that to be successful at it you need to be 100% committed and I am afraid I just cannot be that committed to it as it doesn't give me the enjoyment that I get from sports betting.

It is the German Grand Prix this weekend and I am determined to get on top of it and come away with a profit, the thinking head is now on and I have started to look at the early markets.

Jenson Button to Podium is available @ 3 on Betfair and this looks a decent shout, if only he could start to produce a good qualifying session, it looks as though he fully recognises this as he talks about it HERE I will continue to look at this event and hopefully come up with some decent bets by the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Neil,

    When evaluating your possible bets what do your selections need to have in order to qualify as a 'decent shout'?

    All the best,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark

    Thanks for your comment.

    With the Button Podium bet I have looked at his season so far and he has managed to win 2 races and podium 3 times including 3 of his last 4 races, he was very unlucky not to do it 2 weeks ago @ Silverstone.
    So in 50% of his races he has hit the podium therefore anything on offer above even money looks to be value to me, the problem is if you wait until after Qualifying the value goes (if he does well)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Neil....just interested in your thought process.

    Thanks for the link by the way - I've added one to yours on mine.

    All the best,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete