What's It All About

There will be no posting of profit and loss screen shots on this blog, just general day to day truths about my punting life and how good or bad I am (mostly bad)

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Some Ante Post Spread Bets

I always like to have a few ante post spread bets in place for the start of the football season and I think I have found a few that will keep me interested for the majority of the season.

I don't look below the Championship as I find League 1 and 2 very tough to call as I know very little about most of the teams.

So we have:

Premiership Relegation Index - Buy Wigan @ 17
Last = 60pts, Second Bottom = 40pts, Third Bottom = 30pts, Fourth Bottom = 20pts, Fifth Bottom = 10pts, Sixth Bottom = 5pts. All others = 0.

I think Wigan may find it a tough old season this time round as they struggled last season and have with a leaky defence and lack of any real quality going forward a relegation battle is the best they can look forward to.

Championship Points Index - Buy Bristol City @ 70
They have Steve Coppell on board and I am sure that he would not have gone there if he didn't mean business, the signing of David James was a very positive move.
They managed 63 points last season and should do much better this time round.

Championship Outright Index - Buy Derby @ 4
Winner = 60pts, Second = 40pts, Third = 30pts, Fourth = 20pts, Fifth = 10pts, Sixth = 5pts. All others = 0.
A bit of a low risk punt this one, they didn't really fire on all 4 cylinders last season under Clough junior finishing 14th and I am sure he will be looking for a much better campaign this season 6th place or better will see us in the dosh.

Championship Outright Index - Buy Sheffield Utd @ 9
They managed to finish 8th last season on 65 points I rate Kevin Blackwell as a decent manager and they look to have enough going for them to have a decent campaign, 5th place or higher will see us in the money.

The benefit of taking these as spread bets is that I will be able to trade them as the season progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment